Migrant worker writers
Feng37 told me the other day that he was planing to translate the poems of
Zheng Xiaoqiong(郑小琼),a grass-rooted poet who is better known as
migrant workers in Dongguan(东莞 known as a hub of world manufacturing
sector),.Feng37 quoted a few lines written by Zheng,that is- there are
over forty thousands cut fingers of migrant workers in Pearl River
Delta,it occur to me from time to time,how long it would be when put
together and lined up?I regret that my powerless words can't not even fix
one of them-
"珠江三角洲有4万根以上断指,我常想,如果把它们都摆成一条直线会有多长
,而我笔下瘦弱的文字却不能将任何一根断指接起来……"
I came across the statistics of migrant worker's cut figures
occasionally but read it from some advocates' reporting or writing
,calling for an independent workers union.I failed to
comprehensive the strong feeling shared by Zheng who works at the assembling line all day long.I even felt sorry it was
Feng37 as "an outside" that remind me of that emotional lines.Please
forgive me, feng37,for the word of "outside" employed here,but I must
confess it did mean something to me.
At the same time,I began to think about another migrant worker
writer.There used to be another migrant worker writer emerging in
Shenzhen(深圳 known as the first Economic Special Zones of China) ten
years ago. A girl known as Anzi(安子)became the advocate of the migrant
workers with her narrative style of novel, Youth Stage,with the subtitle
of A Picture of Girl Migrant Workers 《青春驿站――深圳打工妹写真》. She
received much publicity after her debut novel published in Shenzhen Daily,a
mouthpiece of Shenzhen Municipal Government,and wrote columns in various
newspaper ,served as an anchor in the radio talk program by taking the
question from the migrant workers.Later on, as a representative of the
migrant workers,Anzi became a representative of national people's
congress,listed in a CCTV's documentary " twenty persons,Twenty years"
,in celebrating the 20th anniversary of Shenzhen Special Zone in
1998.Anzi's successful story interpreted as a migrant worker's struggle
against the hardships in life,and Shenzhen as the hub of million of migrant
workers,making their dream come true.
Zheng Xiaoqiong and Anzi,they are varied in generations.But they came to known by the public as the advocate of millions migrant worker as well.I always wonder whether it is possible to make a comparison between them .
评论